Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Blogs I Enjoyed Reading

Blogs I Enjoyed Reading

Each of the blogs shared to the right side of the course blog are extremely useful and informative! However, I really enjoyed reading Philip Bloom's blog as well as No Film School.
Philip Bloom seems to use a wide variety of cameras and equipment and shares his honest thoughts and opinions on each to inform the camera community what works well for him. Something I noticed upon reading his blog post on the Canon 5D was that in each blog I have read thus far (as well as reading No Film School's DSLR Cinematography Guide) this is a very highly talked-about camera. Hopefully, when I can afford to upgrade to a better camera (a girl can dream!) this will be the one. I also love how he includes screenshots of items he is using in each post from B&H -- this way the reader can get a sense of how much these items cost and what a few of their highlights are.
This video from his post about using the Sony FS5 in the snow is beautiful. And I love how he details every step it takes to get to this, including everything he used and everything he had to do with his equipment to make this happen.


No Film School's blog is also a great, resourceful site with a lot of information on all aspects of film. They've got a great post about Canon's new C700, which is another new camera for all of these blogs we are reading to rave about. I like how they've reviewed the specs and price as well as compared it to other similar or competing cameras.
Apart from blog posts about cameras in particular though, I especially liked this video they've included in their blog about what it takes to be a "good" cinematographer. Its inspiring and helps those of us looking to get into this field know the qualities we need to have in order to progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment